Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Around Mac

The other day I rode my bike down Grand to Punch Pizza with a few friends. If you get a chance to visit, make the short trip down Grand. The pizza is amazing! It's a sizable personal pie that is prepared in an 800 degree oven. It only takes 90 seconds to cook and it's delicious. Then, I went to Starbucks to meet a few people to study. At about 8 I went back to campus and enjoyed a Saturday night.

I want to talk more about what's around Mac though. I have gone to Shish a few times. It's Arabic food at a pretty affordable price. I've only gotten the gyro, but I know people that are more adventuresome with the menu. It's fantastic food.

Further down Grand there is a movie theatre. I've only gone once, but there is usually a fair selection. For the entire stretch from the campus to the theatre there are small restaurants and shops. On the other side of campus (starting at the cross street Snelling) Grand is a bit higher end. There are more clothing shops and expensive restaurants.

The area, overall, is fantastic. I'm glad that I've taken advantage of the neighborhood so early in the year. And it feels great to get off campus sometimes just to see non-student aged people and do something different from the routine.

-Michael