Tuesday, November 3, 2009

People

I can't believe I have been at Macalester for almost two months. How the time has flown! I think part of it is the awesome people who attend Macalester. I haven't only become good friends with the other freshman on my floor, or the freshman I know through various activities, but I've also met a lot of really nice, welcoming sophomores and upperclassmen through my classes and several social events. For example just last night, on Halloween, some friends and I went to go eat at a diner after going to a party. We ended up sitting with a bunch of sophomores for almost an hour and a half before we finally left to head back to Mac. It was a lot of fun, and I never imagined anything like this would happen at college. My preconceived notion of college was that freshman weren't cool, and upperclassmen ignored them, but clearly at Macalester things are different.