Sunday, February 14, 2010

The Enso String Quartet at Mac

Happy Monday! Hope everyone had a good weekend. I'm very busy so I'm going to make a quick post today...

I just wanted to say that I definitely agree with what Ryan said about all the speakers/musicians etc that Macalester brings in for its students. Attending these presentations is not only educational, but it also provides a great opportunity to be exposed to new areas of learning, art, and culture that you have yet to experience. For example, I recently attended a performance by the Enso String Quartet, a skilled, Grammy-nominated group of young musicians. I had not heard much classical music before, so it was quite a stimulating experience, especially because this particular performance explored new areas of musicianship by combining visual cues with music. I really try to make an effort to attend these presentations, and I strongly encourage you to do the same should you decide to enroll in Macalester.

-Danny