Sunday, September 26, 2010

A moveable home

Hello, all-- Seeing as this is my first post of the year, I'll fill everyone in on what I've been up to so far. I'll stick to bullets. Here we go:

1) Move-in. Flight, unpacking, and setting up all went well. It's only sinking in now that I have a moveable home at Macalester (Turck to Bigelow). Everything is a little different this year, but it still feels like I'm home.

2) Classes. All are fantastic. I'm in French 3, Cultural Anthro, Medical Anthro, and Empirical Research Methods. I'm a poli sci major, anthro minor.

3)Weekend away. I went to Nashville for a weekend to visit my girlfriend at Vanderbilt (Macalester is way better!). It was HOT. St. Paul is absolutely beautiful in September. There is a very direct relationship between amazing weather and the amount of freshmen attempting to improve their frisbee skills on Kagin lawn.

4) MCSG retreat. This afternoon I returned from our MCSG (Macalester College Student Government) retreat. This year, we went with the cultural org leaders and the Program Board. It was a good dynamic of campus leaders and I think Camp Friendship (yes, that's the name of the campground) served us all well. Get involved, it's fun!

I'll be posting periodically. This was just the basics of my Macalester happening so far. Fantastic quips await! Well... I'll try.

Keep reading,
Michael