Friday, October 22, 2010

¡Más música!

OK, so I'll finally cave and talk about my favorite music.

I can never decide what "kind" I like. There's always at least one song from every genre that I'll like, but I will say that I did not know I could enjoy rap until I came here.

For the most part, though, I've always enjoyed listening to metal and hard rock. Apocalytpica is great, as are Avenged Sevenfold and Kamelot. I've also been listening to Kansas a lot; for this past month the song I've listened to the most is Carry on Wayward Son. This may or may not be because I'm such a ridiculously huge Supernatural fan. From Kamelot, I've listened to The Elysium.

For the most part, I can thank our very own Macalester radio program for my new infatuation with Apocalyptica. WMCN 91.7fm features student-run radio programs everyday at nearly every hour. "Metal and Mystery" is the creation of two very good friends of mine, the "Metal Madams", who run the show from 8:00p.m. - 10:00p.m. every Tuesday.

Tune in to see what I mean!