Monday, February 20, 2012

Model UN at Mac

To me, a Model UN conference is not only an opportunity for experience in diplomacy, but also in getting to know lots of interesting people. 

Macalester team members at a Model UN conference

Combining my interests with my love of travelling and exploring new cultures, Model UN is the perfect activity for me. And, Macalester has one of the best Model UN teams! In addition to researching international policies dealing with issues like refugees, human rights, and the arms trade, I got to travel to New York City and make new friends. Meeting with Mac alumni who live in New York and work for institutions like the World Bank and the UN was also amazing and rewarding. Even more exciting, I was sponsored by Mac to attend the Global Model UN in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia! 

Yiting and Model UN member Anja Crowder '13 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, at the Global Model UN conference.

The team works really hard and with a genuine passion. And it shows - almost every year, we bring an award back to campus. Model UN is a significant part of my college life at Mac, and I'm really thankful for the experience that Mac gave me.

- Yiting Wang '12